Lately: I’ve been getting to know some amazing new clients, enjoying the sunshine that has finally arrived in Pennsylvania, and cruising around on the back of this motorcycle on missions of the utmost importance (burritos). My Dude and I also helped a friend celebrate his birthday with a bar crawl in his college town (and found this) and hung some delightful family portraits.
Here are some things to read this week!
Money + Budgeting
- Do you know these seven things about your money?
- This bill in Congress would remove credit report strikes after four years. Ask your representatives to support it!
- Cait takes a really honest look at the true cost of wasting money on getting wasted.
- Kara talks about the privileges we enjoy even if we’re broke, and how everyone does not operate on a level playing field.
Productivity + Organization
- The super secret no one told you about time management. Hint: refine, refine, refine.
- The wise Sarah Von B. on how to quit wasting time on failsauce strategies and get a tremendous amount of things done.
- Doctor Danielle on why you don’t need to feel motivated to do something to actually do it.
- Added to my list of new things to check out: Google Goals. Tell it what you’d like to achieve and it finds time in your calendar to work on it.
Self Care + Relationships
- Three rules for a sexy, successful relationship. As advertised. [NSFW]
- I’ve always known that I sleep better in total darkness, and it’s backed up by science!
- “Instead of telling ourselves how stupid we are, we need to say the things that a mother would say to her daughter. That she is strong. That she is capable. That she is okay. That she was built to start fires.”
- If you, too, are an emotional sponge: how to stop other people’s emotions from bringing you down.
Interesting/Inspiring/Just plain awesome
- Marie Wilcox, an 81-year-old great-grandmother, is the last fluent speaker of the Wukchumni language. And now she’s trying to make sure that it survives for future generations.
- 4 ways to figure out what you’re good at (not just what you’re passionate about). Cosigned: Number 1 led me to write this blog and Number 4 guided me to Coaching!
- To the women over forty and the twenty-somethings who write about them. Just go read it, and then share it with the women in your life.
- Do you need a good happy cry this week? Here you go.